Far too many of us cannot define friendship. We mistakenly think it’s “someone we like", or “someone who is always there for us”, or “someone whose shoulder I can cry on". Not only are those inaccurate, but they leave us feeling like a good friendship is a matter of finding this “right” person who either is, or isn’t, a good friend. But healthy friendship isn’t discovered; it is developed. And this is the class to walk you through how to use the 3 Requirements of healthy relationships in the early stages of a friendship. In this course, taught by Shasta Nelson, you will learn:
- The definition of friendship
- The 3 Requirements of all healthy and meaningful relationships
- Five different ways to increase the positivity in our new friendships
- The two most important actions we can take to increase familiarity in new friendships
- How vulnerability should be safely shared in the early stages of making friends
Shasta Nelson, M.Div., is the Founder of GirlFriendCircles.com, a women’s friendship learning community. Her spirited and soulful voice for strong female relationships can be found in her books Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness and Friendships Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends. She also writes at ShastasFriendshipBlog.com and in the Huffington Post, speaks across the country, and is a friendship expert in the media appearing on such shows as Katie Couric and the Today Show.