Planning a gathering helps us become more comfortable with initiating connection with other women, use our time efficiently by connecting with several friends at once, and really get to know each other as we keep conversation and interaction as our main focus. Instead of seeing it as “entertaining” and either getting lost in the party planning or pulling away from it because it feels too stressful or scary, we all want to practice inviting people over in ways that feel nourishing and deepening. In this course, taught by Shasta Nelson, you will learn:
- Ideas for getting past your fears about inviting people over
- Why gathering friends from different places in your life increases your bonding
- How to plan the logistics— the who, what, where, when, and how
- A dozen ideas for who you can invite over, even if you don’t know very many people
- The most important mantra when planning a gathering
- The two most significant actions we must include at every event
Shasta Nelson, M.Div., is the Founder of GirlFriendCircles.com, a women’s friendship learning community. Her spirited and soulful voice for strong female relationships can be found in her books Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness and Friendships Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends. She also writes at ShastasFriendshipBlog.com and in the Huffington Post, speaks across the country, and is a friendship expert in the media appearing on such shows as Katie Couric and the Today Show.