You undoubtedly already know what the 3 Requirements are to all healthy relationships: Positivity, Consistency, and Vulnerability. In this course, we dive into Positivity.
And boy do we need it! Did you know that more of us score low on Positivity than the other two? In other words, we’ve surveyed over 4,000 women on how we score ourselves in those 3 Requirements, and Positivity is the area that has the most room for improvement! Which really can make the difference in a relationship because the happier we feel around someone—the more we’ll want to be consistent and vulnerable with them. In this course, taught by Shasta Nelson, you will learn:
- Why Positivity is 1 of the 3 requirements of all healthy friendships
- How to determine your own Positivity score
- The research that reveals the Positivity:Negativity Ratio
- What 10 specific actions we all must practice to deepen our friendships
- The role of negativity in a relationship
- Three ways we can purposefully decrease the negativity in our friendships
- Five ideas for adding more Positivity to our Friendships
Shasta Nelson, M.Div., is the Founder of GirlFriendCircles.com, a women’s friendship learning community. Her spirited and soulful voice for strong female relationships can be found in her books Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness and Friendships Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends. She also writes at ShastasFriendshipBlog.com and in the Huffington Post, speaks across the country, and is a friendship expert in the media appearing on such shows as Katie Couric and the Today Show.